Coaching apprentices will work on our fully-staged productions of Le nozze di Figaro and Die Zauberflöte, directed and coached by the renowned faculty of PSN.
They will collaborate and perform on a fully-staged opera scenes program, which will include scenes from important Czech operas such as Rusalka and Prodaná nevěsta (The Bartered Bride), in addition to standard operatic repertoire. Students will work directly with coaches and faculty from the Czech National Theater and the Prague Conservatory on diction, language, performance practice, and style.
In addition, they will have the opportunity to perform on a cabaret performance of music from the American Songbook and Broadway, including the music of Leonard Bernstein, George Gershwin, Stephen Sondheim, Irving Berlin, Kurt Weill, and Cole Porter. The cabaret will take place in a famous Prague jazz club.
Chamber music opportunities are also available to coaching apprentices in collaboration with musicians from our orchestral program.
All coaching apprentices in the program will have lessons with the PSN coaching and conducting faculty, as well as the opportunity to work with faculty at the Prague Conservatory. They will also participate in career development workshops, the subjects of which may include: resume building, social media, networking and audition preparation.
Coaches will accompany in staging rehearsals for the operas, scenes, voice lessons and other performance preparation.
- Possible performance opportunities in the Estates Theatre on harpsichord for recitative in Le nozze d Figaro or celeste in Die Zauberflöte
- Opera Scenes in a historic theater
- Performance in a historic Prague jazz club
- Perform in chamber music recital
- Play staging rehearsals
- Lessons with PSN coaches
- Play for voice lessons and coachings with the PSN voice faculty
- Italian, German and Czech diction coachings
- Masterclasses with guest faculty from leading opera companies
- Performance preparation & career development workshops, including: resume building, social media and networking, audition workshops, acting and movement masterclasses
- Opportunities to play for European casting directors, theater directors and conductors. These individuals are invited to performances throughout the festival