Stage directing apprentices will work as assistant directors on our fully-staged productions of Le nozze di Figaro and Die Zauberflöte with orchestra, directed and coached by the renowned faculty of PSN. With the guidance of the main stage director, apprentices may have the opportunity to direct a scene from these operas.
Directing apprentices will have the opportunity to direct several scenes on a fully-staged opera scenes program, which will include sections from important Czech operas such as Rusalka and Prodaná nevěsta (The Bartered Bride), in addition to standard operatic repertoire.
All directing apprentices in the program will work closely with the PSN directors, coaching and conducting faculty. They will also have opportunities to participate in career development workshops the subjects of which may include: resume building, social media, networking and audition preparation.
- Possible scene direction opportunity in the Estates Theatre in Le nozze di Figaro or Die Zauberflöte
- Direct Opera Scenes in a historic theater
- Be mentored by PSN stage directors, work closely with a director as assistant on either Le nozze di Figaro or Die Zauberflöte
- Italian, German, French, and Czech diction coachings
- Masterclasses with guest faculty from leading opera companies
- Performance preparation & career development workshops, including: resume building, social media and networking, audition workshops, acting and movement masterclasses
- Opportunities to meet European casting directors, theater directors and conductors. These individuals are invited to performances throughout the festival