Singers will perform in fully-staged performances, with orchestra, of Mozart’s Die Zauberflöte and Le nozze di Figaro, directed and coached by the renowned faculty of PSN.
Participants will have the opportunity to perform in a fully staged opera scenes program, which will include scenes from important Czech operas such as Rusalka and Prodaná nevěsta (The Bartered Bride), in addition to standard operatic repertoire. Students will work directly with coaches and faculty from the Czech National Theater and the Prague Conservatory on diction, language, acting, and character development.
A cabaret performance of music from the American Songbook and Broadway, including the music of Leonard Bernstein, George Gershwin, Stephen Sondheim, Irving Berlin, Kurt Weill, and Cole Porter will take place in a famous Prague jazz club.
All singers in the program will have voice lessons and coachings with the PSN faculty and will have opportunities to participate in career development workshops, the subjects of which may include: acting, movement, improvisation, character development, social media, networking and audition preparation.
Singers will participate in staging rehearsals and performance preparation, and receive diction coaching.
- Principal roles in Le nozze di Figaro. This opera will be double cast, and each cast will sing one performance in the famed Estates Theatre of Prague
- Principal roles and covers in Die Zauberflöte. This opera will be single cast, and will be performed in the famed Estates Theatre of Prague
- Chorus for Figaro and Zauberflöte
- Featured roles in the opera scenes program, performed in a historic theater
- Performance in a historic Prague jazz club
- Voice lessons and coachings with the PSN voice faculty
- Italian, German, French and Czech diction coachings
- Masterclasses with guest faculty from leading opera companies
- Performance preparation & career development workshops, including: resume building, social media and networking, audition workshops, acting and movement masterclasses
- Opportunities to sing for European casting directors, theater directors and conductors. These individuals are invited to performances throughout the festival